* From daily work schedules: Implements and prepares set-up of equipment for entombments and interments, including chairs, awnings, flowers, etc.
* Completes entombment or interment procedure and removes equipment. Final closing of gravesite or crypt space.
* Perform/ repair memorial/marker installations.
* Must operate power equipment, mowers, and lifts necessary for the maintenance of landscaping and performance of interment activities, (i.e., mowing, edging, pruning, and assisting with irrigation repairs, etc.)
* Maintain the turf, shrubs, trees and general landscaping for the cemetery, funeral home and sales office.
* Removes crypt fronts in preparation for inscription.
* Removes and places crypt shutters as required.
* Monitor general upkeep of facilities and grounds to ensure they are clean, safe and appealing to families
* Perform routine maintenance program on all power or manual ground equipment as requested.
* Assists customers with customer service requests and advises manager if any problems arise during shift.
* Participate in the set up and take down of special event programs.
* Other duties as determined by upper management.
* High school diploma.
* Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
* Ability to speak and communicate effectively.
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 1-‘s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
* Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Required to work under adverse weather conditions (i.e., rain, high temperatures, and cold weather.)
* Capability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to stand; walk or commute in a moving vehicle; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is required to operate and handle tools. The employee is required to work outdoors and in adverse weather conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision.
* Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, evenings, overtime, flexible hours and rotate shifts.
* Valid Puerto Rico Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
Who we are? What we do?
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V