* Provide leadership of cemetery staff to accomplish goals and objectives while working within company guidelines.
* Responsible of daily maintenance of cemetery.
* Review and monitor direct report’s performance.
* Recruit, hire and retain employees based on company standards.
* Assist Manager in selecting and purchasing all necessary materials for cemetery within budgetary guidelines using approved vendors
* Assist Manager in maintaining the cemetery budget.
* Compliance with company policies and government regulations regarding OSHA, FTC, etc.
* Monitor general upkeep of facilities and grounds to ensure they are clean, safe and appealing to families.
* Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment.
* High School diploma or equivalent preferably with some college.
* Prefer two (2) years’ experience in cemetery maintenance, or related field; preferably with at least one year of supervisory experience.
* Experience in the cemetery industry a plus.
* Must be able to lift 100 lbs.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Detail oriented.
* Knowledge of computers and some software would be an asset, or willingness to learn.
* Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, overtime, and flexible hours and rotate shifts if necessary.
* Valid Puerto Rico Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
Who we are? What we do?
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe. We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V